To help your workplace commemorate the Day of Mourning on April 28, we’ve put together a tool kit of resources to help you plan your event and promote it within your organization:
- Generic invite
- Event checklist
- Speech template – feel free to personalize this message
- Toolbox meeting guide
- Advertisement template: black & white or colour
- Invite letter
- Download the entire Day of Mourning event toolkit (.zip file)
Posters and decals
Other ways to observe the day:
- Making a dedication to those who have died or been injured at work
- Observe a moment of silence
- Download and display a poster or decal in your workplace
- Attend a local ceremony
Email signatures you can include in your outgoing staff emails
- On April 28, we honour the lives of those that have been injured or lost their lives to workplace injury or disease in B.C. Visit dayofmourning.bc.ca to find a ceremony near you.
- Join us on April 28 as we remember who have lost their lives to workplace injury or disease. Order your free posters and decals at dayofmourning.bc.ca
In 2016, 144 workers in B.C. lost their lives to workplace injury or disease.
- Join us in honouring their memory on April 28. Visit dayofmourning.bc.ca for a list of local ceremonies and to order your free decals and posters.
Make a dedication
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.